Support The Locals is about building stronger and more vibrant communities. We believe in looking out for our neighbors and extending a hand. Our goal is to encourage everyone to support local. Whether it's a restaurant, a farmer or a local shop owner, these people have a vested interest in making your community a uniquely better place to live. After all, the people are what make the city.
When you support local, you are far more likely to see direct benefits from it.
- Shopping locally decreases your carbon footprint.
- Local business owners are more likely to contribute to the growth of a community through social initiatives.
- Word of mouth travels fast, therefore locals are far more accountable for the product or service they provide.
- They are also more likely to re-invest their dollars locally, than a non-locally owned business.
- Local vendors typically offer something distinctly unique that can't be found anywhere else.
- Did we mention it feels good to know your helping out your neighbors?
It's at the core of everything we stand for. We are actively involved in making our city a better place, donating both time, and money to worthwhile local causes. Our day-to-day lives also consist of making a conscious decision to support local in all aspects of our lives, including our business. We greatly encourage each of you to go out and explore your town or city. You might be pleasantly surprised at what you find. And if you're not happy with what you see, remember that only action can inspire change.
Support The Locals is so much more than a company selling t-shirts. It's a way of life for us, and we believe that it can have a lasting impact on the community. So if the very least we can do is, start a conversation, then we've accomplished our goal.
Photo: Daniel French